11/27/11

Lil' P's Birthday Party!

Just a couple of weeks ago, my little munchkin turned one! Holy cow... time flies so fast!  Now, anyone who knows me knows that I love birthdays, so of course I had to go all out for this one!


   First and foremost, I knew that I had to make her a special little outfit for her special day.  Without a doubt, making a tutu was the first thing on my mind (little baby tutus are sooo adorable!!!). I just used some leftover purple tulle from my halloween wreath and bought a spool (yes a spool! not a yard..haha- wasn't going to repeat my wreath mistake) and tied it around an elastic which I had fit to her waist. So simple and so freaking cute!
   Next was the shirt. I took just a simple white onesie and sewed some layered felt flowers onto it. Once again super simple and cute.
   To finish off the outfit, she just had to have a bow... she just wouldn't be quite the same lil' P without her bow! I had a couple of failed attempts before I was able to make this one.  It's what's called a "boutique bow", I think, made from two different ribbons.  The bottom layer is a plain purple ribbon, and the top layer is a pink sparkly ribbon. I really think it topped off her birthday ensemble quite well and everyone was just absolutely in love with her total outfit. I'll have to admit... I am quite proud of it myself!


But, of course I couldn't just stop there... afterall this whole birthday thing has got me feeling crafty! So I also made so hanging string pendants, a sparkly P door hanger, and a year of memories banner (didn't get a picture of that :( I blame my husband!).  All together with some balloons and streamers, I think I was able to create quite a cute party setup! Not bad for  my first little one's first birthday party! 

Now it just wouldn't be a birthday party without a cake right?! I got the idea for her cake months and months ago and was so excited to make it! Her cake was a big giant cupcake! Ya, you see that big cupcake set up among all those little cupcakes (closeup picture at the top of the blog), that was all hers! I even made my own frosting and it was so amazing! Get the recipe here.

Sadly, all good things have to come to an end.  I looked forward to her birthday for so long and worked on so many things to make it perfect, that I was kinda sad when it was all over, but at least I know I'll have plenty of more birthdays to come! It was all so much fun and I can't wait to do it again next year!
My beautiful cupcake all destroyed!!! But I wouldn't
have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment