12/9/11

Snowman Blockhead

Recently I had the opportunity to get together with a couple of my old friends from high school to work on some craft projects. In doing so, I was introduced to a place that I know could become a very dangerous place for me. It's called The Wood Connection.  If you really love wood crafts and you live in the Salt Lake area, I highly recommend this place! They sell precut, unfinished wood projects that are so cute and their prices are absolutely incredible! I had a hard time deciding which one I wanted to do because there are so many, but I fell in love with the snowman!
Isn't he just so adorable?! This snowman project came with a large block for his head, a small block for his brim, a carrot nose, and a leaf... I added the ribbon, the berries, the paper and the paint.
After I had painted and assembled all the pieces of the kit, I added some scrapbook paper to the front of the leaf with a little bit of mod podge.  I also took some sandpaper to rough up the edges a little bit, to give the snowman a bit of an aged look, which I love (can't really see it in the pictures, however).  I then added the ribbon and bow to finish off the look of his hat.  But as I got looking at him, I felt like he needed a little more. So I found some little berries in my Christmas decor and just poked them down into the bow. Now, he's perfect! Here's a little closeup:
With cute and easy projects like this, The Wood Connection could definitely be the death of me... or at least my bank account!

No comments:

Post a Comment